Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
How to Stay Safe and Support Downtown Evansville Businesses
The safety of our residents, consumers, workers and visitors is the main priority of the DOWNTOWN EVANSVILLE - Economic Improvement District (EID). We continue to monitor all recommendations and updates from health and government officials surrounding COVID-19.
- EID installs temporary hand washing stations throughout Downtown Evansville - March 16, 2020
- EID begins new sanitation regimen - March 23, 2020
- EID launches virtual tip jar - April 10, 2020
- DEDC and EID incentivizing online sales for small businesses by giving away hand sanitizer - April 16, 2020
- Heart lighting installation returns to honor the class of 2020 - May 19, 2020
- Spring Small Business Saturday scheduled for Saturday, May 30 - May 21, 2020
- Curbside Service Program being tested in Downtown Evansville - July 22, 2020
- Moonlight Madness scheduled for Friday, August 14 - August 11, 2020
Here are some suggestions for what you can do to support our downtown businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic:
1. Order carry out/delivery from downtown restaurants and tip the same amount as you would dining in.
2. Shop online or by phone. Downtown shops have online shopping available and can assist via phone or online communication.
3. Purchase custom or corporate gifts from retailers who can handle orders over the phone or online.
4. If you do not need anything specific at the moment but still want to support local, buy gift cards to spend later.
5. If you can’t leave the house, order delivery from local downtown restaurants.
View our Downtown Business Directory
First and foremost, prioritize and take all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community. Our community health as a whole depends on working together, and our small businesses are the lifeblood of the Downtown economy. We want to make sure they continue to stay successful while maintaining appropriate public health safety measures.
Note: These recommendations originated from Downtown Raleigh Alliance and are being shared through the International Downtown Association.
Open Businesses (Updated May 27, 2021):
Please visit the link for each business for operating hours, specials and specific safety information.
- Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana
- Ascension St. Vincent YMCA
- Bits N Bytes
- BRU Burger Bar
- Children's Museum of Evansville
- Evansville Museum of Arts, History & Science
- Civic Center
- ColorMax Digital
- COMFORT by the Cross-Eyed Cricket
- Decades of Design
- DoubleTree by Hilton Evansville
- Entwined Wine & Cocktail Bar
- Evansville Eyecare Associates (All Dr. visits and adjustments are by appointment only. Call ahead for curbside pickup.)
- Evansville Visitors Center
- EVPL Central
- Ford Center
- Forefront Therapy
- Gangnam Korean Barbecue
- Grateful Threads
- High Score Saloon
- Jimmy John's
- Just Rennie's
- Kevin's Backstage Bar & Grill
- Lic's Deli & Ice Cream
- Major Munch
- Mickey's Kingdom Playground and restrooms
- Milano's Italian Cuisine
- Myriad Brewing Company
- Old National Events Plaza
- Outside the Gift Box
- Parlor Doughnuts
- Peephole Bar & Grill
- Piece of Cake
- Posh on Main
- Post House
- Reitz Home Museum
- Repro Graphix, Inc.
- River City Coffee + Goods
- River Kitty Cat Cafe
- Roger’s Academy of Hair Design
- Shing-Lee Chinese Restaurant
- Sixth + Zero
- Stephan G. Sanders Fine Men's Clothiers
- Stone City Grill
- Stone Family Center for Health Sciences
- The Daily Grind
- The Rooftop
- Tropicana Evansville
- Turley Mfg. Jewelers
- Victory Theatre
- Wheat & Co.
- Y Factor Studio
- Zuki Downtown
View our Business Directory for location phone numbers and website/social media information.
Temporary Closures (Updated May 19, 2021):
Downtown Evansville Virtual Tip Jar:
- Support your favorite service industry employees in Downtown Evansville during the COVID-19 pandemic by tipping them in the Downtown Evansville Virtual Tip Jar. Learn more at DowntownEvansville.com/tipjar.
State of Indiana Resources:
- State of Indiana - IN.gov/coronavirus/
City of Evansville Resources: